News » NHS MoodleLast updated 11:40 PM on 7 October 2011
Modular Object Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment
At Newcastle High School we have established a moodle that allows students to access work 24/7 from anywhere in the world. This moodle will be continually updated as more teachers become familiar with the moodle environment.
A moodle has many applications for educators including:
· A repository to store class notes and information.
· Parts of textbooks can be added to the moodle.
· Assignment, homework and assessment tasks can be on the moodle as well as samples of past students' work.
· Quizzes can be made on the moodle and can be used for assessment or revision. Moodle gives instant feedback to the student.
· A calendar of events including excursion dates, assessment task due dates
· Surveys can be completed through moodle
· Wikis, PowerPoint presentations, images, you tube videos, etc can all be placed on a moodle.
· Students can submit tasks through the moodle.
· Students can communicate with their teachers and other students in their class.
And this is just some of the things it can do!!!!!!